Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Storms

My Princess has been battling a fever this week. Though sheis better, the last two nights we decided to stay home from the seminar. The weather had other plans though. On Monday night as the Princess and I were enjoying our meal together alone, I got a phone call. My husband decided that based on the weather report of possible tornadoes he wanted us at the seminar hall with him. The seminar location has a basement that serves as a tornado shelter. As we rushed to get ready and leave, I grabbed some snacks in water, (*just in case).

With a little excitement and a prayer in my heart we left our "home" and watched as the sky darkened and the wind picked up. Boy, was it humid! That is one thing I don't think I will ever get used to - humidity.

That night as we stayed in the foyer of the hall, not wanting to spread germs to other kids, we watched out the big side windows. The wind picked up and some rain fell. But soon, the clouds passed and the sun started to peak through. The wind died down and it appeared the storm had passed us. Unfortunately, others in this great state of Oklahoma were not so lucky. Tornadoes did touch down and I heard that 5 people have now died because of the severe weather. We think of those who not only died but those who lost their homes and business as well. Join me in praying for the good people of Oklahoma who were affected by this series of storms.

3 comments:

Star Seeker said...

Glad you are all safe. There are so many sad things happening around the world, sure wish it would all end soon! Keep up the good work, sharing God with others so that day will come sooner!

Melanie said...

A tornado sounds so scary. Glad you are all safe and praying for those who were not so lucky.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I have family in Oklahoma and heard about this -- how scary!