Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Restoration

So a very crazy thing happened to my husband this weekend. As he was out on visitation, a woman flashed him. That is a first in his ministry. She wanted to assure him that yes, she was a woman. And her husband was standing next to her. It was my husband who was embarrassed but he continued with his visit, encouraged them to keep following God, and prayed with them.

When he told me, my first reaction was to laugh. But then as I thought about it, I just felt sad. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes. This couple was raised in the church, left God, got into drugs, and now they NEED Him more than ever. (I mean, how far have you gone when you flash your breasts to a minister?)

The husband has been coming to our seminar here in Northern California faithfully. As he is making decisions to recommit his life to God, I just ask that you keep him in your prayers. Not just him, but his wife as well. God is truly in the business of healing people and restoring all the years that have been wasted on drugs. I'd love to see this couple one day working for Him, and bringing light to others.


I will repay for the years the locusts have eaten... you will have plenty to eat, until you are full. And you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you. Never again will my people be shamed. Joel 2: 25, 26

1 comment:

TheSmellyArmpit said...

Oh my! I did have to laugh while reading this. teehee. But yep, it's sad too at the same time. I know that my Redeemer can redeem this couple as well! I used to use the "f" word in front of our minister about 10 years ago; cringing now thinking about it. But I used that word around so many people and have said things and done things to be ashamed of. Luckily, Jesus the Lord is merciful and forgiving and can perform miracles in hearts every day. Can't wait to hear how he changes this woman's life and uses her for His kingdom! thanks for sharing this story and for visiting my TT post. :)